Microwave brownie recipe
If you are in need of a chocolate fix then this microwave brownie is for you! Mix it in a mug and pop it into the microwave. When it beeps, top it with a scoop of ice cream for a delicious dessert.
- 1/4 cup (40g) self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup (60g) caster sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp (60ml) water
- 1/2 tsp icing sugar (to sprinkle in top)
- ice cream (optional)
Step 1. Add flour to the cup.
Step 2. Add sugar to the cup.
Step 3. Add cocoa to the cup.
Step 4. Add oil to the cup.
Step 5. Add water to the cup.
Step 6. Mix all together until you have a smooth mixture.
Step 7. Place into the microwave on high for 1 min 40 seconds.
Step 8. Dust with a little icing sugar and EAT!
- I like to add a scoop of ice cream on top.
- I have used a BIG tea cup because my mugs are too small.
- You may have to experiment with the time in this recipe. Microwaves, like ovens, vary.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.