Tomato and ginger soup recipe
This tomato and ginger soup is seriously fast food; there’s about a minute of chopping and then a couple of minutes of cooking before it’s all done. It’s also perfect for those with a cold.
- 1L chicken stock
- 1 tin (400g) chopped tomatoes
- 4 tbsp roughly chopped fresh root ginger
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- chilli flakes, optional
- fresh lime juice, to serve
Pour the stock into a large saucepan and bring to simmering point.
Add the tomatoes, ginger, soy sauce and caster sugar.
Simmer for 2 minutes.
Serve with chilli and lime juice.
- And as you can see, there are hardly any ingredients so the only thing to keep in mind is that you want to use really great tinned tomatoes that will give a bright, fresh flavour to the soup.
- This recipe was created by Sophie Hansen for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder: You can follow Sophie on Local is Lovely, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.
Find related soup recipes
- Chicken noodle soup
- Curried lentil soup
- Thai pumpkin soup recipe
- Potato and leek soup
- Curtis Stone's chorizo and chick pea soup
- Katie's chicken soup recipe
- Baby carrot soup
- Pick-me-up spicy lentil soup
- Bacon, potato and cheese soup
- Pumpkin and cumin soup recipe
- Pumpkin soup
- Red lentil and pumpkin soup recipe