Bircher style breakfast pots recipe
These delicious Bircher-style breakfast pots have layers of fruit, yoghurt and rice cakes. Make them the night before for a quick healthy start to the day.
- 1/2 cup of yoghurt
- 2 plain rice cakes
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup berries
- drizzle of honey
Select your bowl, cup or jar and cover its base with yoghurt.
Crumble 1 rice cake over the yoghurt base.
Spoon over more yoghurt to cover the crumbled rice cake and then a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Place a 1/4 cup of berries on top of the yoghurt and then repeat for another layer – 1 rice cake, yoghurt, berries, cinnamon - and then add a drizzle of honey to complete.
Cover with wrap or similar and let soak overnight in the fridge.
- Preferably Greek-style yoghurt or something pot-set, which is a healthier choice.
- Fresh strawberries, blueberries or raspberries are perfect for this dish.
- You can use frozen berries if you don’t have fresh. They will defrost by morning and if you are making this often, it will be cheaper.
- This recipe was created by Karla Gilbert. You can read her blog at Ironmum Karla, catch up with her on Twitter, find her on Facebook or peek at her pins on Pinterest.
Find more breakfast recipes
- Banana and honey porridge
- Basic pancakes
- Big breakfast
- Bull's eye egg
- Bircher-style breakfast pots
- Fluffy cheese omelette
- Breakfast burritos
- Golden brunch puffs
- Baked cinnamon apple porridge
- Homemade crumpets
- Almond croissants
- Bacon and egg muffins
- Lemon butter
- Apple & hazelnut bircher muesli