Rocket and mushroom pies recipe
These fast little rocket and mushroom pies can be made easily, perfect for little hands and ideal for packing into lunch boxes.
- 4 slices bread, crusts removed
- olive oil spray
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 (60ml) cup milk
- 1/4 cup rocket, finely chopped
- 2 large mushrooms, finely chopped
Preheat oven to 180°C conventional (160°C fan-forced). Lightly grease 4 holes in the muffin pan.
Use the rolling pin to roll out each slice of bread until really flat.
Spray both sides of the bread with the oil. Tuck each slice into the muffin cups.
Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven.
Whisk the eggs and milk together. Divide the rocket and mushrooms between the bread cases
Carefully pour in the egg mixture. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until set.
- This recipe is not suitable to freeze, but perfect made the night before, packed into the lunch boxes and kept cool in an insulated bag until lunchtime.
- You can vary this recipe and add whatever ingredients you have in the fridge, such as salami strips or halved cherry tomatoes.
- This recipe was created by Maxabella of Maxabella loves... Follow Maxabella on Facebook or Pinterest.