Zucchini chips recipe
These quinoa and rice cake crusted zucchini chips will have the kids coming back for more. They are sprinkled with parmesan cheese and baked until golden and delicious.
- 1/2 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 2 plain rice cakes
- 1 tsp onion flakes
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Preheat oven to 200°C conventional (180°C fan-forced). Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
Place quinoa, rice cakes and onion flakes into a food processor and process and pulse until they resemble breadcrumbs.
Dip zucchini slices into beaten egg, then crumb mixture and place onto the baking tray.
Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden.
- If you don’t have a food processor you can use quinoa flakes and finely chop the rice cakes to make the crumb mixture.
- You can use the leftover crumbs to coat meat patties or use them on other vegetables for a healthy coating.
- This recipe was created by Karla Gilbert. You can read her blog at Ironmum Karla, catch up with her on Twitter, find her on Facebook or peek at her pins on Pinterest.