Fast pesto recipe
This is a traditional Genovese-style pesto with all the basil and garlic flavours. Use it on pasta, pizza and potatoes.
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 60g parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 (125ml) cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
Combine all ingredients and process in a food processor or using a hand-held stick blender.
- You can store this pesto in a jar in the fridge for up to a week.
- I like to pour a thin layer of olive oil over the top of the pesto to keep it fresh and stop the top discolouring in the fridge.
- You can toss pesto through pasta, spread it on sandwiches or toss potatoes in it.
- This recipe was created by Sophie Hansen for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.You can follow Sophie on Local is Lovely, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.