Cheese, corn and sweet potato quiches recipe
These cheese, corn and sweet potato quiches are perfect for lunch boxes, picnics and party platters. They're so easy to make that even the kids can help.
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 cup creamed corn
- 1/2 cup tuna
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
Preheat the oven to 180°C conventional (160°C fan-forced).
Steam the sweet potato for about 15 minutes, or until soft, and mash.
Combine this with the corn, tuna, cheese and egg and mix well.
Cut pastry into 8 rounds and tuck them into the holes of a muffin tin. Fill with the sweet potato mixture and bake for 20 minutes, or until the pastry is golden.
- These are great for parties and, because they freeze beautifully, are worth making up in a big batch. Vary the fillings according to whatever you have handy.
- You can swap the sweet potato for pumpkin in this recipe.
- This recipe was created by Sophie Hansen for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder. You can follow Sophie on Local is Lovely, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.