Microwave lemon curd recipe
If you love lemon curd or lemon butter then this recipe is for YOU! It is so easy you will never buy lemon curd at the supermarket again. You can use this to fill pastry cups, to spread on toast or to fill cupcakes with.
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup (175g) caster sugar
- rind of one lemon
- 3/4 cup (180ml) lemon juice
- 125g butter, chopped into cubes
Step 1. In a glass bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar and rind.
Step 2. Gradually whisk in the lemon juice a little at a time until completely combined.
Step 3. Add butter to the bowl.
Step 4. Microwave on a high setting for 6 minutes, stopping each minute to whisk. The curd will be done when it coats the back of a spoon.
- Some cooks prefer to use unsalted butter in lemon curd but use salted butter because I think a touch of salt balances the flavours and stops it being too sweet.
- You can use a combination of lemon and lime in this recipe for a tart flavour.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.