White anchovy fennel and pine nut salad recipe
This deliciously simple salad is made with white anchovies, fennel and toasted pine nuts. It’s perfect with a crusty baguette and a glass of wine or as a delicious tapas plate.
- 3 fennel bulbs, trimmed (feathery tops reserved)
- 1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- juice of one lemon
- 150g white anchovies
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
Slice the fennel as thin as possible. Place these in a large bowl and gently toss with the olive oil and lemon juice. Arrange on your serving plate or platter and top with the anchovies and pine nuts. Scatter over the reserved fennel tops and serve.
- White anchovies can be found at most delis or specialist food stores. You can swap them for regular anchovies but they'll lose their lighter, more delicate flavour if you do - so use less!
- This is just beautiful, tangy, full of crunch and perfect with a sliced, fresh baguette and maybe one or two other little plates.
- I use a mandolin – they are so fantastic for cutting thin, delicate vegetables and start at about $16 at kitchen stores.
- This recipe was created by Sophie Hansen for Kidspot, Australia’s best recipe finder. You can follow Sophie on Local is Lovely, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.
More salad recipes
- Find more easy quick dinner ideas
- Summer steak with tomato salad
- Chickpea salad
- Pumpkin, feta and chickpea salad
- Chicken and mango salad
- Greek salad
- Warm chicken salad
- Asian salmon salad
- BBQ chicken salad
- Creamy potato salad
- Baby Caprese salad
- Lamb, pumpkin and chickpea salad
- Chicken and cranberry waldorf salad
- Pasta salad