Parmesan crumbed chicken recipe
This parmesan crumbed chicken is flavour-packed and baked, not fried. It has a crispy crumb and is a delicious addition to sandwiches and great in salads.
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets
- 1/2 cup honey and mustard dressing
- 1/2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup (90g) grated parmesan
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1/3 cup (50g) plain flour
- 1 egg, beaten
Slice each chicken breast through the middle to make two thin fillets. Marinade the chicken in the honey and mustard dressing for at least an hour, covered in the fridge.
Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Remove chicken breasts from marinade and blot with paper towel.
In a medium bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, parmesan and pepper. Dip chicken fillets in flour, then egg, then in breadcrumb mixture to coat.
Place coated chicken on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until juices run clear, turning chicken over after 15 minutes.
Serve for dinner with beans, sweet potato and roasted capsicum.
- You can slice and toss this chicken with carrots, cherry tomatoes and lettuce for a delicious salad.
- You can get the kids to help you crumb the chicken. It a messy but fun job and they are more likely to eat food when they have been involved in the preparation.
- This recipe was created by Maxabella of Maxabella loves... Follow Maxabella on Facebook or Pinterest.
Find more chicken recipes:
- Amazing roast chicken
- Apricot chicken with parsley
- Asian chicken noodles
- Caramelized apple and cheese-stuffed chicken breasts
- Chicken fried rice
- Cheat's chicken biryani
- Spiced yoghurt chicken with coriander rice
- Chicken and cheese pasta bake
- Chicken garlic schnitzel
- Chicken and pumpkin risotto
- Chicken and sugar snap stir fry
- Chicken and vegetable pie
- Chicken bacon and mushroom fettucine
- Chicken balls
- Chicken risotto
- Chicken satay skewers
- Crispy chicken thighs with rosemary and potatoes
- Easy chicken casserole
- Easy Chinese lemon chicken