Easy apple muffins recipe
These easy apple muffins are great for kids to cook with some help from a grown up. They have minimal sugar and your little ones will love giving these a stir.
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup (115g) caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup (180ml) buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (125ml) vegetable oil
- 2 Granny Smith apples
Measure out all the ingredients and preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Line a muffin tin with 10 muffin paper cases.
In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon. Then combine the buttermilk, egg and vegetable oil in a jug and whisk well.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and gently fold together.
Peel and dice the apples into small pieces, then fold them through too. Spoon into muffin cases and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the muffins from the oven and place on a wire cooling rack.
- This recipe makes about 10 medium-sized muffins. You could swap the apples for pretty much any seasonal fruit.
- Pears and peaches are the perfect fruits to switch in this recipe. You could even use some frozen raspberries straight from your freezer.
- This recipe was created by Sophie Hansen for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder. You can follow Sophie on Local is Lovely, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.