Cinnamon apple chips recipe
These healthy cinnamon apple chips are sweetened with natural agave syrup. Slice them up and bake for a healthy snack.
- 3 apples, sliced thinly
- 3 tsp agave nectar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
Heat oven to 100°C (80°C fan-forced) and line two oven trays with baking paper.
Toss apples with agave nectar and dust with cinnamon.
Line trays with a single layer of apples and bake for 2 hours (a little longer if your slices are thicker).
Remove chips from oven together with the baking paper and cool on a wire rack (I usually lift them a little from the paper to make sure they don’t stick).
- If you’ve got an apple corer and a mandolin slicer, your job will be much easier, but you can just as easily use a knife – just get the slices as thin as you can.
- Baking them for 2 hours may seem like a long time but put them on and forget about them while you do other stuff – just remember to use a timer!
- This recipe was written by Jay Rogers at The Moodie Foodie. For more light and healthy recipes, check out The Moodie Foodie on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.
Find related fruit recipes
- Fruit jelly
- Fruit juice slushies
- Fruit kebabs with yoghurt dip
- Fruit skewers
- Fruit slushies
- Fruity gelato
- Fruity sticks
- Hearts and stars fruit salad
- Ice-cream sundae
- Kiwi pops
- Muesli fruit and yoghurt tray
- Tropical fruit popsicles
- Zingy breakfast juice
- Banana palm trees