Roasted chickpeas recipe
Chickpeas are famous for their starring role in hummus, vegetarian curries and even burgers, but do you know how delish they are as a roasted snack?
- 2 x cans (400g) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
Heat oven to 210°C (190°C fan-forced).
Dry chickpeas well between paper towels making sure you remove as much moisture possible.
Line a large oven tray with baking paper. Toss chickpeas in oil, garlic salt, pepper and dried herbs.
Pour mixture over baking paper, making sure the chickpeas are in one layer and not too crowded.
Place tray in the oven and roast for 25 minutes. Move the chickpeas around and continue to roast for a further 20-25 minutes.
Turn off the oven, open the door and allow to cool in the oven.
- Don’t crowd the chickpeas on the tray. If they’re too crowded, they won’t roast dry and go crunchy; if you haven’t got a tray big enough, use two but you may need to cook for a little longer.
- Feel free to include your own herb or spice combos – cumin, paprika, oregano, dried chilli or cayenne pepper. Just stir it through with the oil.
- This recipe was written by Jay Rogers at The Moodie Foodie. For more light and healthy recipes, check out The Moodie Foodie on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.
Find related chickpea recipes
- Chickpea dip
- Chickpea salad
- Chickpeas with chorizo
- Chunky vegetable soup with chickpeas
- Curried chickpeas
- Tomato and basil hummus dip
- Hummus with toasty dippers
- Lamb and chickpea balls
- Pork and chickpea tortilla
- Pumpkin feta & chickpea salad
- Spicy chickpea meatballs and sauce
- Summery chickpea salad
- Warm Lamb Salad with Pea and Feta Hummus