Healthy nachos recipe
If you think my healthy corn chips are good then you are going to LOVE this healthy nachos recipe. All you need is some fresh salsa and light cheese and you have a winning dish.
- 1 quantity of healthy corn chips recipe
- 1 cup (100g) low-fat cheddar cheese
- 200g black beans or red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup (100g) medium avocado, sliced
- 4 tbsp low-fat sour cream
- 2 large (350g) tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 (50g) green capsicum, chopped
- 1/2 (50g) red capsicum, chopped
- 1/2 (40g) small red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
Mix salsa ingredients together and set aside.
Heat grill to hot. Make sure your plates are ovenproof.
Place a layer of tortilla chips on a plate, add a light sprinkling of cheese, followed by beans and some salsa. Continue to layer.
Place in the oven and grill for 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted and golden.
Serve with a dollop of salsa, slices of avocado and a little light sour cream.
- Olive slices and a little Tabasco in the salsa will give this an adult flavour.
- You can choose to make individual servings of this recipe or make a large plate to share.
- This recipe was created by Jay Rogers for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder. You can follow Jay at The Moodie Foodie and on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.