Potato free tuna patties recipe
These delicious tuna patties are packed full of healthy vegetables and tuna in springwater. Your kids will love them and have no idea how healthy they really are.
- 1 large zucchini, grated
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 cob of corn, corn removed
- 1 tbsp flour (use gluten-free)
- 1 can (200g) tuna in springwater, drained
- 10 rice cakes, processed until crumbly
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
Heat oil in a pan and fry zucchini, carrot and corn for 5 minutes.
Transfer veggies to a bowl and add flour and tuna, seasoning with salt and pepper.
Add rice cakes and lightly beaten eggs.
Leave to cool and then shape patties using an egg ring.
Heat oil in a large fry pan over medium heat and cook patties for 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown.
Serve with sweet chilli sauce.
- These are great to freeze for a quick meal when time is short.
- You can replace the flour in this recipe with rice flour to make these gluten free.
- This recipe was created by Karla Gilbert. You can read her blog at Ironmum Karla, catch up with her on Twitter, find her on Facebook or peek at her pins on Pinterest.