Creamy smoked salmon tagliatelle recipe
For a special occasion or just to treat yourself, this decadent creamy smoked salmon tagliatelle is the perfect choice, made even better by how quickly and easily it all comes together.
- 375g tagliatelle
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Spanish onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup (125ml) white wine
- 300ml pouring cream
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated
- 100g smoked salmon slices
- 1/2 bunch chives, finely chopped
Cook pasta according to packet instructions.
Heat oil in a frypan over very gentle heat. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes until soft. Pour in wine and allow to bubble up, then simmer for 1 minute.
Add cream, stir and simmer for 5 minutes until thickened. Stir through lemon rind.
Set aside 4 slices of salmon and chop the rest. Drain pasta and add it to the cream mixture with the chopped salmon and chives (reserve some chives for garnishing).
Use tongs to combine well then divide between serving plates.
Top each dish with a reserved slice of salmon and garnish with chives.
- The best thing about this recipes is that you can have this meal on the table in the time that it takes to cook the pasta.
- This would also be lovely with smoked ocean trout or even rainbow trout.
- Any type of long pasta would be fine, e.g. spaghetti, fettuccine or even pappardelle.
- Recipe by Greer Worsley, who blogs at Typically Red.