Super easy chocolate cupcakes recipe
These super easy chocolate cupcakes will satisfy that chocolate craving quickly and the kids will love cooking these too! They are a mix-all-together style cupcake that skips the complicated steps, which makes them perfect for cooking with kids.
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) sifted flour
- 1 cup (225g) raw sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (115g) cocoa powder
- 1 pinch instant coffee
- 1/2 cup choc chips
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1/2 tsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
Line a 12 cup tray with patty pans and set aside.
Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix using a mixer until smooth.
Fill patty pans two-thirds full and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a skewer pushed into the centre comes out clean.
Cool in the tin for 5 minutes and then place on a wire rack to cool.
- Did you notice - no oil or butter! You can substitute oil or butter for the applesauce if you’re weary of apples and want a fat boost.
- Omit the choc chips if you don’t have any in the pantry (they don’t last long at my place, either).
- The cupcakes will be a little less chocolate-y, but everything still works.
- This recipe was created by Maxabella of Maxabella loves... Follow Maxabella on Facebook or Pinterest.
Find related cupcake recipes
- Basic cupcakes
- Chocolate coca-cola cupcakes
- Creamy raspberry filled cupcakes
- Egg-free yoghurt cupcakes
- Fruity lemon cupcakes
- Hummingbird cupcakes
- Jam doughnut cupcakes
- Quick Chocolate cupcakes
- Red velvet cupcakes
- Vanilla cupcakes
- Cookie monster cupcakes
- Princess Leia cupcakes
- Chocolate cupcakes
- Strawberry cupcakes