Sweet potato and pear puree recipe
This sweet potato and pear puree is a great first food for babies thanks to its sweet taste and soft texture. The sweet potato pairs well with pear (yes, that was deliberate!) – a natural extension and introduction to veggies if pear was their first taste of regular food.
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 pear, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2-3 tbsp water, breast milk or formula
Place sweet potato and pear into a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil then simmer until soft – around 10 minutes.
Take off the heat and strain – you can leave a little water in to help with mashing or pour in a few tablespoons of breast milk or formula.
Tip into a blender and whizz until pureed.
Place sweet potato and pears into a microwave-safe container and cook on high for 2 to 3 minutes or until soft.
Place in blender with a little water, breast milk or formula and whizz until pureed.
- For an even easier version, use a jar or ready-made puree pears – great if you don’t have any on hand or they’re out of season.
- Apples are also great with sweet potato.
- Simply mash together for babies who are ready for something a little chunkier.
- This recipe was created by Belinda Graham from The Happy Home. You can see her on Facebook, find her on Twitter and see her lovely boards on Pinterest.