Herb crusted fish recipe
If you need an easy fish dish for your weekly repertoire, this herb crusted fish is it. Light, healthy and lemony fresh, this herb crusted fish is done in 15 minutes.
- oil spray
- 4 x 150g firm white fish fillets
- 2 lemons, halved
- 2/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
Heat oven to 210°(190°C fan-forced) and spray an oven tray lightly with oil.
Place fish fillets on the tray along with lemons face down.
Combine breadcrumbs, zest, spring onion, dill, salt, pepper and olive oil together and spoon mixture on top of the fish fillets.
Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes until fish is cooked through.
Serve with lemons and salad or steamed vegetables.
- I’ve used ling fillets for this recipe, but you could use any white fish. Just make sure they are at least 3cm thick.
- The cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of your fish fillets. You’ll know when it’s done as the fish will easily flake away when you test it with a fork.
- This recipe was created by Jay Rogers for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder. You can follow Jay at The Moodie Foodie and on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.