Thai lentil and garlic soup recipe
This Thai lentil and garlic soup is thick, creamy and healthy. It is perfect for lunch or dinner during the cold winter months. Serve it in big bowls with some crusty bread. It's the perfect comfort food.
- 250g red lentils
- 10 cloves (40g) garlic, peeled and bruised
- 300g pumpkin, peeled and cubed
- 2-3 tbsp Thai red curry paste (depending how hot you like it)
- 5 cups (1.25L) vegetable stock
- 1 x 400g tin crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup (250ml) light coconut milk
- coriander to garnish
Place all ingredients except coconut milk into a large saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat, cover and cook for 1 hour.
Blend with a stick blender. Add coconut milk, bring to a simmer and serve with a little coriander.
- Use red lentils for this soup as they break down and make a lovely creamy, thick soup.
- 2 tablespoons of red curry paste gives a little kick. Reduce it to 1 tablespoon if you prefer the flavour but not the heat. Add more if you like it hot, hot, hot.
- This recipe was created by Jay Rogers for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder. You can follow Jay at The Moodie Foodie and on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.
Find related soup recipes
- Chicken noodle soup
- Curried lentil soup
- Thai pumpkin soup recipe
- Potato and leek soup
- Curtis Stone's chorizo and chick pea soup
- Katie's chicken soup recipe
- Baby carrot soup
- Pick-me-up spicy lentil soup
- Bacon, potato and cheese soup
- Homemade chicken soup
- Pumpkin and cumin soup recipe
- Pumpkin soup
- Red lentil and pumpkin soup recipe