Wholemeal banana bread recipe
This wholemeal banana bread recipe is so rich and yummy, the kids won't even notice it's made with wholemeal flour. It's perfect for lunch boxes.
- 1/2 cup (125g) unsalted butter, melted
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (200g) brown sugar
- 2 cups (300g) wholemeal self-raising flour
Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Line a loaf pan with baking paper and set aside.
In a bowl, mix the butter, mashed bananas, vanilla essence, eggs and brown sugar. Fold in flour until just combined.
Bake for 40 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then cool further on a wire rack.
- You can slice this and freeze individual portions for school lunches.
- Add a few handfuls of crumbled walnuts for extra flavour.
- This recipe was created by Alana House.