Crunchy quinoa salad recipe
This delicious crunchy quinoa salad is made with mixed quinoa and is packed full of crunchy vegetables and tasty herbs like parsley, mint and coriander.
- 1 cup mixed quinoa
- 1 carrot, finely julienned
- 1 cucumber, roughly chopped
- 1 cup mixed heirloom tomatoes
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup mint, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup coriander, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup chives, roughly chopped
- 3 spring onions, roughly chopped
For the dressing
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 garlic cloves, very finely chopped
- zest of one orange
Place the quinoa in a large saucepan, cover with two cups of cold water, bring to the boil then cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile place all dressing ingredients into a jar and shake.
Place all remaining salad ingredients in a bowl and toss with the quinoa. Pour salad dressing over the salad and combine. Season to taste.
- You can find quinoa in the healthfood aisle in the supermarket.
- If you can't get heirloom tomatoes you can use cherry or pear tomatoes.
- This recipe was created by Sophie Hansen for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder. You can follow Sophie on Local is Lovely, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
More salad recipes
- Find more easy quick dinner ideas
- Summer steak with tomato salad
- Chickpea salad
- Pumpkin, feta and chickpea salad
- Chicken and mango salad
- Greek salad
- Warm chicken salad
- Asian salmon salad
- BBQ chicken salad
- Creamy potato salad
- Baby Caprese salad
- Lamb, pumpkin and chickpea salad
- Chicken and cranberry waldorf salad
- Pasta salad