Easy chicken noodle soup recipe
Try this easy chicken noodle soup for a healthy, comforting cold-busting dinner. With garlic, ginger, leeks and chicken you’ll feel great in no time.
- 4 cups (1L) stock
- 4 cups (1L) water
- 2 leeks (white part only), finely sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and bruised
- 2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cloves
- 400g skinless chicken breast, finely sliced
- 150g wholegrain pasta/noodles, broken into pieces
- 50g spinach leaves, sliced
Add stock, water, leeks, garlic, ginger, bay leaves and cloves to a medium saucepan and bring to the boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add chicken and noodles, bring back up to a simmer and cook for 8 minutes until noodles are soft and cooked through.
Add spinach leaves 2 minutes before the end to soften in the soup.
Discard bay leaves, cloves and garlic cloves and serve.
- If you don’t have two leeks, use a combination of leeks, spring onions and/or onions.
- Bruising the garlic gives off a mild garlicky flavour as opposed to strong garlic knockouts that would keep the most serious of vampires away. To bruise a clove, just press down firmly with the flat part of a knife to squish it. Don’t worry if it breaks apart, you can scoop out the bits regardless.
- This recipe was created by Jay Rogers for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder. You can follow Jay at The Moodie Foodie and on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.
Find related soup recipes
- Chicken noodle soup
- Curried lentil soup
- Thai pumpkin soup recipe
- Potato and leek soup
- Curtis Stone's chorizo and chick pea soup
- Katie's chicken soup recipe
- Baby carrot soup
- Pick-me-up spicy lentil soup
- Bacon, potato and cheese soup
- Homemade chicken soup
- Pumpkin and cumin soup recipe
- Pumpkin soup
- Red lentil and pumpkin soup recipe