Beetroot and goat's cheese salad recipe
Salad in winter? Absolutely, with the earthy flavours of roasted beetroot and creamy goat's cheese. It's perfect on its own or alongside any roasted meats as part of a decadent Sunday lunch.
- 2-3 beetroot
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp parmesan, grated
- 100g rocket
- 100g soft goat's cheese
For the dressing:
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Remove leaves and stems from beetroot and wrap each bulb in foil. Place on a tray and bake for 40-50 minutes until tender. Check by piercing with a skewer. Once cool enough to handle, rub off skin and slice into wedges.
Remove crusts from bread and tear into bite-size pieces. Heat oil in a frypan and cook bread for 4-5 minutes, tossing often, until golden and crispy. Lower heat and add garlic. Cook for a further minute. Remove from heat and sprinkle with parmesan. Set aside.
For dressing, combine ingredients in a jar and shake well.
Toss rocket and beetroot with the dressing and place on serving platter. Crumble goats cheese over the top, add croutons and serve.
- For a quicker version, you could use tinned baby beetroot.
- If buying beetroot in bunches, you may be able to use the leaves in the salad instead of, or as well as, rocket.
- Recipe by Greer Worsley, who blogs at Typically Red.
More salad recipes
- Find more easy quick dinner ideas
- Summer steak with tomato salad
- Chickpea salad
- Pumpkin, feta and chickpea salad
- Chicken and mango salad
- Greek salad
- Warm chicken salad
- Asian salmon salad
- BBQ chicken salad
- Creamy potato salad
- Baby Caprese salad
- Lamb, pumpkin and chickpea salad
- Chicken and cranberry waldorf salad
- Pasta salad