Rhubarb and yoghurt cake recipe
There's no need to cook the rhubarb before adding it to this delicious rhubarb and yoghurt cake batter. Just mix it all together and pop it in the oven for a quick, simple sweet treat.
- 1/2 cup (125g) unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups (335g) caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups (300g) self-raising flour
- 1 cup (260g) natural yoghurt
- 2 cups sliced rhubarb
Preheat oven to 190°C (170°C fan-forced). Grease and line a 22-24cm springform cake pan and set aside.
Cream butter, sugar and vanilla until pale and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well between each. Add flour and yoghurt and beat until just combined. Stir through rhubarb.
Pour into tin, spreading it evenly with a spatula, then place in oven and bake for 40-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Serve with pouring cream or a dollop of thick yoghurt.
- Be sure to wash rhubarb well and remove leaves before slicing.
- Recipe by Greer Worsley, who blogs at Typically Red.
Find related cake recipes
- 3 ingredient pineapple cake
- Banana cake
- Banana cake with butter frosting
- Banana cake with lemon icing
- Carrot cake
- Cinnamon tea cake
- Coconut cake
- Easter basket chocolate cake
- Easy banana cake
- Easy chocolate cake
- Lumberjack cake
- Peach and raspberry upside down cake
- Everyday chocolate cake
- Orange cake with orange icing