Tombstone cupcakes recipe
Want a spooky cupcake to liven up your Halloween table? These Tombstone cupcakes are easy-peasy and you will be able to get these on a plate quick smart!
- 1/2 cup (125g) butter, room temp
- 3/4 cup (170g) caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125ml) milk
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) self-raising flour
Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
Using an electric mixer, cream the butter, sugar and vanilla essence. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each one. Add milk and self-raising flour. Mix until just combined.
Spoon into patty cases and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden. Cool on wire racks.
Ice cupcakes with chocolate icing, sprinkle with Milo. Write R.I.P in black writing icing on Honey Jumbles. Insert Honey Jumbles into the cupcakes. Cut plastic arms from skeletons and insert into the cupcakes.
- If you don't have time to make Honey Jumbles, hunt for something suitable in the supermarket
- If you are really in a hurry you can cheat and buy store-bought icing.
- This recipe was created by Alana House for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.