Chicken and avocado tortilla wraps recipe
These tasty grilled wraps are equally delicious straight out of the pan or served later at room temperature. They're a great way to use up leftover roast chook, and make excellent lunch box fillers.
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- 1 avocado, flesh diced
- 4 tortillas
- 1 cup tasty cheese, grated
- 30g baby spinach
In a bowl, combine chicken, mayonnaise, shallots and avocado and season well.
Heat a grill pan over medium high heat.
Lay a tortilla on a board in front of you and sprinkle a quarter of the cheese across the middle. Top with a quarter of the spinach and a quarter of the chicken mixture. Roll tightly then place seam-side down on the grill plate.
Cook for 2-3 minutes until lightly toasted. Turn and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Use a good quality whole egg mayonnaise.
- Try adding a handful of chopped dill or parsley for a big flavour hit.
- Recipe by Greer Worsley, who blogs at Typically Red.