Quick salmon patties recipe
These salmon patties are really quick to make and are made from staples already in your pantry. Suitable for kids of all ages, these patties are the perfect dinner when you are short on time. Serve with rice and a salad.
- 1 onion
- 415g can of salmon
- 2 1/2 cups of homemade breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp parsley, chopped finely
- oil for frying
Fry onion in a little oil, allow to cool.
Mix with salmon and 1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs, eggs, salt, pepper and parsley.
Shape into patties and coat in remaining breadcrumbs.
Fry in oil.
- I used a 1/3 cup measure when making these patties to have them all the same size.
- You will need to watch these when frying. They need very little time in the pan and cook really fast.
- If you are trying to stretch the budget you could add 2 cups of mashed potato to this recipe.
- If you want to up the vegetable content I would add a 1/3 cup of corn kernals or chopped cooked beans.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
Serve with rice/homemade wedges and salad or veggies