Christmas tree pizza recipe
All it takes is some careful arrangement of the toppings and a couple of quick cuts on the crust and you can serve up a big slice of Christmas cheer on your family pizza night.
- 4 slices leg ham
- 1/3 punnet (80g) cherry tomatoes
- 4 cherry bocconcini
- 1/2 cup (125g) chargrilled capsicums
- 1/2 bunch English spinach
- 1 medium pizza base
- 1/2 cup (125ml) tomato passata
- 1 cup (125g) grated pizza cheese
Preheat oven to 240°C (220°C fan-forced). Use a small pastry cutter to cut circles from the ham. Slice cherry tomatoes in half and bocconcini into rounds. Slice capsicum into thin strips.
Pick spinach leaves from stems and wash them well, then slice. Pour over boiling water to wilt. Drain.
Place pizza base on a lined baking tray and top with passata and pizza cheese.
Place kitchen string across pizza to divide it into four quarters and act as a guide. Decorate each quarter with the ingredients to represent a Christmas tree. Place a cherry tomato in the top corner for the star. Place mounds of wilted spinach as branches. Use capsicum as a tinsel garland. Use ham and tomatoes as baubles. Finally, dot empty spaces with bocconcini slices.
Remove string. Bake pizza for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and slice into quarters.
Remove two pieces of the crust from each slice, leaving the middle section intact to represent the tree trunk.
- This recipe makes one regular pizza. Increase the quantities if you're making more.
- Blanching the spinach first prevents it from going dry in the oven.
- Recipe by Greer Worsley, who blogs at Typically Red.
Related Christmas recipes:
- Christmas-style coleslaw
- Christmas burgers with the lot
- Easy Christmas turkey
- Simple Christmas terrine
- Glazed baked ham
- Cranberry, prosciutto and pistacho stuffing
- Christmas tree biscuits
- Christmas pastry wreaths
- Sneaky mini Christmas puddings
- Easy Christmas pudding ice-cream
- Christmas cookies
- Christmas cupcakes with butter frosting
- Boiled Christmas pudding with brandy custard
- Mars Bar Christmas crackles
- Christmas fruit platter
- Christmas gingerbread families
- Light Christmas cake
- Easy Christmas jellies
- Spiced Christmas muffins
- Traditional panforte
- White Christmas crackles
- White Christmas slice