Cheesy vegetable muffins recipe
These cheesy vegetable muffins are perfect to place into lunch boxes, take on picnics and to serve up as an after school snack.
- 3 cups raw chopped vegetables (corn, red capsicum, grated zucchini)
- 1- 1 1/2 cups (150g-225g) self-raising flour
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 1 cup (80g) grated tasty cheese
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Line a 12 cup muffin tin with liners and set aside.
In a bowl place raw vegetables, 1 cup of flour, milk, cheese and mustard. Stir to combine. Add extra flour if needed. Season well with salt and pepper.
Place mixture into muffin liners and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- We used corn kernels, red capsicum and grated zucchini but you can use vegetables of your choice like finely chopped cauliflower, grated carrot and grated pumpkin.
- You may need to vary the amount of flour and milk in this recipe. It depends on the amount of moisture in the vegetables you choose.
- This recipe was created by Lisa Bright for Kidspot Australia's Cook, Share and Win! competition.