Chicken lovely legs recipe
These delicious lovely legs are marinated in garlic, soy and honey and then oven-baked for a delicious budget family meal.
- 8 chicken lovely legs
- 1 cup (250ml) pear, apple, or orange juice
- 1 tbsp ginger powder
- 1 tbsp crushed garlic
- 2 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
Place the chicken legs in an oven dish big enough to fit them all side by side.
Mix the marinade ingredients in a jar and pour over the chicken, turn to coat.
Cover and allow to marinate in the fridge for up to one day.
Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced) Bake for 40 minutes, 20 minutes covered, then uncover and turn the legs and bake for a further 20 minutes uncovered.
Allow to cool and serve with vegetables and pasta or rice.
- I find the pear juice from tinned fruit works well.
- If you don’t have time to marinate the chicken just make it anyway. It still tastes delicious.
- This recipe was created by Karla Gilbert. You can read her blog at Ironmum Karla, catch up with her on Twitter, find her on Facebook or peek at her pins on Pinterest.
Find more chicken recipes:
- Amazing roast chicken
- Apricot chicken with parsley
- Asian chicken noodles
- Caramelized apple and cheese-stuffed chicken breasts
- Chicken fried rice
- Cheat's chicken biryani
- Spiced yoghurt chicken with coriander rice
- Chicken and cheese pasta bake
- Chicken garlic schnitzel
- Chicken and pumpkin risotto
- Chicken and sugar snap stir fry
- Chicken and vegetable pie
- Chicken bacon and mushroom fettucine
- Chicken balls
- Chicken risotto
- Chicken satay skewers
- Crispy chicken thighs with rosemary and potatoes
- Easy chicken casserole
- Easy Chinese lemon chicken