Apricot biscuits recipe
- 150g butter, chopped
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4cup self-raising flour
- 150g dried apricots, chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Place butter and sugar in a medium saucepan and put on medium heat on the stove. Stir to melt butter and dissolve sugar.
Once butter has melted and sugar dissolved, remove from heat, add remaining ingredients and mix through thoroughly.
Spray a baking tray with non-stick spray and place a heaped teaspoon of the biscuit mixture onto the tray about 2 cm apart.
Bake for 12-15 minutes.
Remove from oven to a wire rack and cool.
- This is a great recipe for kids of all ages to help with. They are soft enough for the littlest mouths.
- These biscuits will keep well when stored in an airtight container.
- Recipe created by Camilla Baker for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.