Strawberry quinoa smoothie recipe
Smoothies are a fantastic way to get a quick nutritious brekkie on the run. Make yours even healthier by adding quinoa flakes. Quinoa is a powerhouse of protein, iron, fibre, vitamin B and loads of other vitamins and minerals.
- 130g frozen strawberries
- 2 tbsp quinoa flakes
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp low fat Greek yoghurt
- 3/4 cup no fat milk
Place all ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth.
- My kids love smoothies in the morning, it’s like having a milkshake I guess. This smoothie is wonderful as it uses quinoa flakes and chia seeds which really boost the nutritional profile. It just makes you feel so good sending them off with good food in their tummies, yes?
- As for you, this is low in fat and calories but big on fibre, vitamins and minerals. It’s likely to stay with you all morning long which is a major bonus.
- Other options include banana (make sure you freeze the bananas for extra thickness), frozen raspberries or blueberries or any other frozen fruit for that matter (mango would be delish when they become readily available)
- Nutritional value per serve: 1062.6kj (253cals); 2.4g total fat (0.7g saturated fat); 4g fibre
- This recipe was created by Jay Rogers for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder. You can follow Jay at The Moodie Foodie and on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.