Easy biscuit pops recipe
These easy biscuit pops are a cute party treat and would be fantastic to take to school on your child's birthday. They are really easy to make and perfect for the non-baker.
- 6 cream-filled chocolate biscuits
- 6 cream-filled shortbread biscuits
- 3 1/4 cups white chocolate melts
- 2 tbsp hundreds and thousands
You will also need:
- 12 ice-cream sticks
- 30cm-square piece of polystyrene
Using a sharp knife, carefully separate biscuits. Try to keep most of the filling on one half. Place halves with filling on a flat surface, filling-side up. Place 1/4 cup of melts in a heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM (50 percent) for 1 minute, stirring halfway with a metal spoon, or until smooth.
Dip 3cm of one end of each ice-cream stick into melted chocolate. Press one stick into filling of each biscuit half. Drizzle with a little melted chocolate. Sandwich with remaining biscuits. Stand for 10 minutes or until firm.
Place 1 cup of remaining melts in a heatproof, microwave-safe mug. Microwave on MEDIUM (50%) for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds with a metal spoon, or until smooth. Holding the mug on a slight angle, dip 4 biscuits, one at a time, into melted chocolate. Rock backwards and forwards until biscuit is fully coated. Gently tap the stick on the side of the mug to drain excess chocolate and remove any air bubbles.
Push sticks into polystyrene. Stand for 10 minutes or until chocolate has set. Repeat dipping process again, sprinkling the pops with hundreds and thousands. Push sticks into polystyrene.
Repeat in 2 more batches with remaining biscuits, melts and sprinkles. Stand pops for 20 to 30 minutes or until set. Serve.
- When dipping, don’t rotate stick or stir chocolate as this can cause crumbs to break off into the chocolate or the biscuit to fall off the stick.
- NUTRITION: (each) 1298kJ; 16.1g fat; 13.9g sat fat; 1.6g protein; 39.8g carbs; 0.4g fibre; 17mg chol; 82mg sodium.
- Recipe & food preparation Claire Brookman Photography Craig Wall Styling Michelle Noerianto