Pizza pockets recipe
Make your pizzas completely portable by folding them into tasty little pockets with the ingredients on the inside. They're delicious cold and make an ideal picnic or lunch box filler.
- 1 sheet puff pastry, defrosted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup pasta sauce
- 2/3 cups (70g) mozzarella cheese, grated
- 80g ham, sliced
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
Preheat oven to 230°C (210°C fan-forced).
Cut pastry into four even squares and place them on an oven tray lined with baking paper.
Brush the edges of one square with beaten egg. Spoon some pasta sauce into the centre, and top with some cheese, ham and tomatoes.
Fold over a corner diagonally to form a triangle and use a fork to seal the edges. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Brush beaten egg over the tops of the pockets. Bake for 12 minutes until puffed and golden.
- These pizza pockets are delicious either hot or cold.
- Be creative with your ingredients. You could add diced capsicum, grated carrot or mushrooms.
- Recipe by Greer Worsley, who blogs at Typically Red.