Lemon tuna patties recipe
These lemon tuna patties are a great way to use up leftover mashed potato and the feta cheese gives them a real bite. Serve them up with fresh salad.
- 1 cup leftover mashed potato
- 400g tinned tuna, drained
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 4 bread crusts (ends of loaf) – crumbed in a food processor
- 2 tbsp sundried tomato pesto
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp lemon zest, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Combine mashed potatoes, tuna, feta, half of the breadcrumbs, sundried tomato pesto, garlic, lemon zest, eggs and juice in a bowl.
Roll mixture into golf-ball sized patties, flatten slightly and coat with the remaining breadcrumbs.
Heat olive oil in a frying pan. Gently cook tuna patties until golden on both sides.
Serve with salad or veggies.
- It is best to use mashed potato with no added milk or butter. This will make the mix hold together firmly.
- You can make up these patties and place them in the fridge to set for a while.
- This recipe was created by Alana House for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.