One pan lasagne recipe
If you really love lasagne but don't want to wait hours and have a sink full of dishes then this recipe is for you. It has all the delicious flavours of lasagne but this recipe is quick and easy!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 500g minced beef
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp Italian herbs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tin (410g) crushed tomatoes
- 1 bottle (690g) passata (Italian cooking sauce)
- 3 cups (750ml) water
- 8 dried lasagne sheets, broken into pieces
- 250g cottage cheese
- 250g shredded mozarella
- basil leaves (to garnish)
- parmesan cheese, grated (to serve)
Step 1. In a large frying pan, heat olive oil over a medium heat and fry onions until translucent.
Step 2. Add minced beef to the pan and break up well with a wooden spoon until browned.
Step 3. Add garlic, herbs, salt and pepper, crushed tomatoes, passata and water. Stir well and bring to the boil. Add lasagne and stir well, cover and cook over a medium heat for 20 minutes, stirring every few minutes to ensure that the lasagne does not stick together.
Step 4. Spoon cottage cheese into the pan and gently stir. Heap piles of mozarella on top of the mixture, cover and remove from heat. Leave to sit for 5 minutes or until melted. Top with fresh basil leaves and serve with grated parmesan cheese.
- You can use pork and veal mince instead of beef mince for authentic Italian flavours.
- The lasagne sheets really want to stick together in this recipe. Makes sure that you keep an eye while they are cooking and seperate them with a spoon.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.