Spaghetti with pea pesto and crispy bacon recipe
This spaghetti with pea pesto and crispy bacon is the perfect pantry meal. You can whip this tasty meal up in the time it takes to cook the pasta.
- 400g dried wholegrain spaghetti
- 1/2 x 350g jar marinated feta
- 500g packet frozen peas
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- 4 middle bacon rashers, trimmed, thinly sliced
Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions until tender. Drain, reserving a third of a cup of the cooking liquid. Return pasta to saucepan.
Drain the fetta, reserving 2 tablespoons oil from the jar. Crumble feta.
Cook the peas, following packet directions, until just tender and drain. Place 2 cups of the peas in a food processor or blender. Add garlic, basil, parmesan and reserved oil. Process until almost smooth.
Cook bacon in a medium frying pan over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until browned and crisp. Add pesto, bacon, remaining peas and reserved cooking liquid to pasta.
Season, toss to combine and serve pasta topped with feta.
- Frozen peas are cheap, healthy and a great ingredient to keep in the freezer.
- You can buy marinated feta in the deli department at your supermarket.
- This recipe originally appeared in Super Food Ideas. Recipes Amira Georgy. Photography Craig Wall.