Blueberry, almond and orange cake recipe
There's only one thing as good as the flavour of this nutty orange and blueberry cake, and that's the aroma that fills the house while it's baking. Just try eating only one slice!
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups (280g) caster sugar
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup (125ml) fresh orange juice
- 1 tbsp orange zest, finely grated
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/3 cup flaked almonds
Preheat oven to 190°C (170°C fan-forced). Grease and line a 24cm springform cake tin.
Whisk eggs and sugar for several minutes until frothy and until it has more than doubled in volume. Stir through almond meal, flour, baking powder, orange juice and zest. Pour into prepared cake tin.
Scatter blueberries over the batter and top with flaked almonds.
Bake for 50-55 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- You'll need about two oranges to yield this much juice and zest.
- Frozen blueberries are fine to use in this recipe.
- Recipe by Greer Worsley, who blogs at Typically Red.
Find related cake recipes
- 3 ingredient pineapple cake
- Banana cake
- Banana cake with butter frosting
- Banana cake with lemon icing
- Carrot cake
- Cinnamon tea cake
- Coconut cake
- Easter basket chocolate cake
- Easy banana cake
- Easy chocolate cake
- Lumberjack cake
- Peach and raspberry upside down cake
- Everyday chocolate cake
- Orange cake with orange icing