Chargrilled beef and capsicum fajitas recipe
These delicious chargrilled beef and capsicum fajitas are flavoured with garlic pepper seasoning and served up on soft flour tortillas. They are perfect when you have steak and feel like a Mexican twist.
- 1 tbsp garlic pepper seasoning
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 500g beef rump steak
- 1 large red capsicum, sliced
- 1 large yellow capsicum, sliced
- 1 large green capsicum, sliced
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 8 flour tortillas, warmed
- Light sour cream and lime wedges, to serve
Combine the garlic pepper seasoning and 1 tablespoon oil in a bowl. Rub
over steak. Preheat barbecue chargrill and plate on high. Cook steak on chargrill for 3 to 4 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with foil. Stand for 5 minutes. Thickly slice.
Drizzle remaining oil over barbecue plate. Add capsicum and onion. Cook, tossing, for 5 minutes or until browned and tender.
Divide steak, capsicum mixture and coriander leaves between tortillas.
Fold tortillas over to enclose filling. Serve with light sour cream and lime wedges.
- Resting the beef will ensure that the juices are retained.
- NUTRITION: (per serve) 2505kJ; 24.6g fat; 8.5g sat fat; 37.1g protein; 53.1g carbs; 4.4g fibre; 92mg chol; 877mg sodium.
- This recipe originally appeared in Super Food Ideas. Recipes Amira Georgy Photography Craig Wall