Beef, eggplant and lentil salad recipe
This beef, eggplant and lentil salad is your perfect 10-minute dinner. You can put the steak on to cook while you throw together the rest of the ingredients.
- 500g beef rump steak
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 x 350g jar marinated feta
- 2 x 400g can lentils, drained, rinsed
- 200g grape tomatoes, halved
- 100g chargrilled eggplant, chopped
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
Heat a chargrill pan over medium-high heat. Drizzle steaks with oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer cooked steaks to a plate, cover with foil and stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
Drain the feta, reserving a quarter of a cup of oil from the jar. Place the lentils on a platter and top with tomato, eggplant, parsley and feta. Drizzle with reserved oil, season and serve.
- This is a great dish for barbecues and picnics. You can just throw your ingredients together and cook the steak when you get there.
- You can use any cut of beef you like in this recipe, but rump steak is rather delicious.
- This recipe originally appeared in Super Food Ideas. Recipes by Claire Brookman. Photography by Sam McAdam-Cooper.
More salad recipes
- Find more easy quick dinner ideas
- Summer steak with tomato salad
- Chickpea salad
- Pumpkin, feta and chickpea salad
- Chicken and mango salad
- Greek salad
- Warm chicken salad
- Asian salmon salad
- BBQ chicken salad
- Creamy potato salad
- Baby Caprese salad
- Lamb, pumpkin and chickpea salad
- Chicken and cranberry waldorf salad
- Pasta salad