Potato and mint pasties recipe
These potato and mint pasties are the perfect way to use up leftover mashed potato and they have the added bite of crumbled feta.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups of mashed potato
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten + 1 extra (for glazing)
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 3 sheets puff pastry, defrosted
Pre-heat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
Heat olive oil in a heavy based pan. Saute onion and garlic gently until softened. Set aside to cool.
Mix potato, feta, egg and mint in a bowl. Stir through onion mixture.
Cut four circles into each sheet of puff pastry. Place a heaped tablespoon of potato mixture on one side of each pastry circle, leaving a 1cm edge. Brush edge with beaten egg. Fold pastry circle over mixture and use a fork to press the edges together.
Brush with beaten egg and place on baking paper on a baking tray. Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until golden.
- You need to make sure that you cool the mixture well or the steam will make your pasties burst.
- If you have some other cooked vegetables in the fridge you can sneak those in too.
- This recipes was created by Alana House for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.