Christmas reindeer cupcakes recipe
These cute little Christmas reindeer cupcakes are perfect as a fun kitchen activity with the kids. Imagine their delight when they get to share them with friends.
- 1 pkt Betty Crocker Chocolate Mud cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup (60ml) vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup (180ml) water
- 1 cup (200g) dark chocolate melts
- 12 large marshmallows
- white writing icing
- dark chocolate writing icing
- red writing icing
- 12 pretzels
Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Place patty pans in a 12-cup muffin/cupcake baking tray.
Prepare cake mix as directed and place 1/3 cup of batter in each patty pan and bake for 20 minutes. Take out of baking tray and leave to cool on a wire rack.
Place chocolate melts in a heatproof bowl and melt for 1-2 minutes in the microwave on HIGH.
Spread a bit of melted chocolate on top of each cupcake; dip the marshmallows into the chocolate, shake off excess and place on top of cupcakes. Leave a few minutes to set.
Using the white writing icing, create two rounds for eyes on each cupcake. Using the dark chocolate writing icing, create pupils for the eyes and use the red icing to make red noses. Continue until all cupcakes have eyes and noses.
Dip the pretzels in the remaining melted chocolate and place one behind the eyes to make antlers. You may need to hold these in place for a few seconds until they stick.
- These little guys are super cute and my kids loved them.
- If you can't find red writing icing then Jaffas make a great substitute for the red noses.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.