3 ingredient trifles recipe
Christmas is such a busy time that any cook will welcome a shortcut. So this 3 ingredient trifle is a perfect Christmas dessert for the kids.
- 825g canned apricot halves in fruit juice
- 200g store bought vanilla sponge*
- 1 cup (250ml) low-fat custard
Drain apricots, reserving the liquid and slice each apricot half into bite size pieces.
Cut sponge into bite size cubes (1cmx1cm) and soak in the apricot liquid. Sponge should be softened but not soggy so work quickly.
Layer apricots, sponge and light custard into individual glasses. Top with a few slices of apricot, cover and store in the fridge until ready to serve.
- You can usually only buy 2 sponges in a packet at the supermarket, but they freeze well which means you’ll be able to have trifle whenever you want. You’ll use just under half a packet.
- These lovely trifles can be made up to a day ahead and stored in the fridge.
- This recipe was created by Jay Rogers for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder. You can follow Jay at The Moodie Foodie and on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.