Sausage, apple and rosemary bake recipe
Turn everyday sausages into something special with this sausage, apple and rosemary bake. The apples and tomatoes break down during baking to create a tasty, tangy sauce to serve with the sausages.
- 2 large cooking apples
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 large sprigs rosemary
- 500g pork sausages
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced).
Peel and core apples and cut them into eight wedges. Cut tomatoes into a rough dice. Place apples and tomatoes in a large baking pan with garlic, rosemary and sausages. Pour over vinegar and olive oil and season well. Toss everything together to ensure it is well coated, and then arrange sausages on top of the other ingredients.
Bake for 35 minutes, turning sausages partway through to ensure they are browned all over.
Serve with boiled or mashed potatoes and some steamed green vegetables. Drizzle the pan juices over the top.
- Pork sausages complement the apples well, but you could use other types of sausages if you prefer.
- Cherry tomatoes are also great in this.
- Recipe by Greer Worsley, who blogs at Typically Red.
Find related sausage recipes
- Bangers and mash
- Chevaps and roasted vegetable salad
- Creamy curried sausages
- Curried sausages
- Italian sausage and rocket penne
- Garlic mushrooms, tomatoes and chipolatas
- Sausage and beef casserole
- Sausage and mushroom pasta
- Sausage bake
- Sausage hotpot
- Sausage salad
- Sausages with spiralli
- Tomatoey chipolatas with polenta
- Yummy curried sausages