3 ingredient chocolate profiteroles recipe
Imagine making rich, decadent chocolate profiteroles without having to pipe pastry or whisk eggs. This cheeky cheat yields an impressive sweet in a fraction of the time.
Makes approx 18
- 3/4 cup (150g) good quality dark chocolate
- 1 cup (250ml) thickened custard
- 18 choux pastry (profiterole) cases
Place 100g chocolate in a bowl and set that on top of a saucepan of simmering water, being careful not to let the water touch the bottom of the bowl. Stir until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and whisk into custard. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
Gently cut profiterole cases in half horizontally. Spoon or pipe chocolate custard onto the bottom half and place the other half on top.
Set filled profiteroles on a rack or tray. Melt remaining chocolate. Using a fork, drizzle chocolate over the top of each profiterole. Serve.
- Profiterole cases are available in supermarkets.
- Melt chocolate in short bursts in the microwave if you prefer.
- Recipe by Greer Worsley, who blogs at Typically Red.