Fruity curried sausages recipe
Curried sausages is an old-fashioned family favourite. It's a great way to use up leftover sausages and, combined with a few pantry staples, is so quick and easy to prepare.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 20g butter
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2 cups (500ml) chicken stock
- 2 tbsp apricot jam
- 6 cooked sausages, chopped
- 1/2 cup (90g) sultanas
Heat oil and butter over gentle heat. Add onions and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Stir in cornflour and curry powder and cook for 1 minute. Add chicken stock and stir well to combine.
Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Add jam, sausages and sultanas and cook for a further 5 minutes.
Serve with rice and vegetables.
- You can add carrots, peas or broccoli to the curry to boost the veggie component.
- Replace chicken stock with vegetable or beef stock if preferred.
- Recipe by Greer Worsley, who blogs at Typically Red.
Find related sausage recipes
- Bangers and mash
- Chevaps and roasted vegetable salad
- Creamy curried sausages
- Curried sausages
- Italian sausage and rocket penne
- Garlic mushrooms, tomatoes and chipolatas
- Sausage and beef casserole
- Sausage and mushroom pasta
- Sausage bake
- Sausage hotpot
- Sausage salad
- Sausages with spiralli
- Tomatoey chipolatas with polenta
- Yummy curried sausages