Berry spelt muffins recipe
These delicious berry spelt muffins are easy to whip up and perfect for lunch boxes.
- 2 cups (300g) plain spelt flour
- 1 cup (225g) of sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bi-carb powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 75g oil or melted butter (we use butter or coconut oil)
- 1 cup (250ml) milk or yoghurt
- 1 cup frozen berries
Preheat the oven to 180°C (160° fan-forced). Line a 12-cup muffin tin and set aside.
In a bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, bi-carb and salt.
In a jug, mix the remaining ingredients except for the berries.
Pour the wet ingredients in with the dry and combine until a smooth batter is formed. If you use yoghurt instead of milk you may want to add a splash of milk or water in this final step to thin the batter a bit.
Gently stir in the frozen berries. Pour mixture into a tray.
Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden on top and baked through the middle.
- Although this recipe is for very sweet and delicious berry spelt muffins, the basic recipe can be re-used to make any sort of muffins you like depending on the addition of fruit and flavours.
- You could also try chocolate chips, sliced banana, chopped dried fruit, nuts or any combination of these things.
- This recipe was created by Meaghan at This Whole Family. You can find her on Facebook.