Kid-friendly green smoothie recipe
This kid-friendly green smoothie is a great way to get those nutrients into your little ones while appealing to their tastebuds.
- 3 large handfuls of baby spinach or English spinach, washed
- 3 sprigs of fresh mint, washed
- 1 large, ripe banana
- 1 large orange, peeled
- 1 cup (250ml) sugar-free mango or apple juice
Layer spinach, mint leaves, banana chunks, orange chunks and juice into a blender or food processor. Pulse to get ingredients chopped and then blend until smooth.
Pour into chilled glasses to serve.
- In summer I make this with fresh mango but when it’s not in season I swap the mango for a ripe banana and I add some mango juice. Don’t hold it against me: I use juice from a bottle ~ it gets my toddler drinking a cup full of spinach and that’s my focus, not the bottled juice!
- I do buy juice that doesn’t contain added sugar however, but if you can’t find it then you can substitute mango juice for a sugar free apple juice. Or buy some frozen mango cheeks and use them if you like.
- This recipe was created by Katie Rainbird of Katie180. You can find her on Facebook and Twitter.