Crispy chicken dippers recipe
Skip the tuck shop and fill the kids' lunch boxes with these delicious chicken dippers. Add a tangy sweet chilli dipping sauce and some salad for a really tasty lunch.
- 1 chicken breast fillet, approx 300g
- 1/3 cup (50g) plain flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp parmesan, grated
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
Cut chicken into 1cm strips. Lightly dust in flour. Dip in egg. Combine breadcrumbs and parmesan and season well. Coat chicken liberally in breadcrumb mixture.
Heat oil over medium heat in a large frypan. Cook crumbed chicken strips for 4-5 minutes or until cooked, turning often so they brown on all sides. Remove to a plate lined with absorbent paper.
Combine mayonnaise, sweet chilli sauce and a squeeze of lemon. Serve chicken with dipping sauce on the side.
- Panko breadcrumbs are in the Japanese section of the supermarket. Normal breadcrumbs would also be fine.
- These chicken strips are delicious hot or cold.
- This recipe was provided by Greer Worsley, who blogs at Typically Red.